The Moisture Barrier Bag (MAB), is an alternative solution used in replacement of the typical desiccant sachets where space is limited. Provided in a sheet-form, the MAB can be cut into any size to fit into confined spaces to prevent any contamination from desiccant dust.
Benefits of Moisture Absorbing Board
- Suitable for automatic filling in the packing process
- Not water-soluble, corrosive, or deliquescent (dissolvable)
- Moderate to long term hygroscopicity (water-absorbing capacity)
- Printable sheet surface
- Can be cut or punched to produce specific shapes or sizes
- 3D thermoforming (creating of a specific shape) is possible
- Easily fixed in place by mechanical retention
- No dust produced as it is contained in a plastic sheet
- Uniform thickness and easy for packing
- No loose desiccants from broken sachets/bags
It is available in a standard sheet size of 295mm x 205mm x 1.6mm or in the dimension of an A4 sh. The shape and size of the MAB can also be customized according to your specific requirements.
To calculate the quantity of MAB required, the typical absorption rate of the MAB is given at 0.006 grams per cm2.
Manufactured from Polyethylene plastic with active silica gel, the standard operating temperature of the MAB ranges between -40 ºC to 70 ºC.