The VCI Masking Film is an adhesive, pressure-sensitive, corrosion inhibitor film. An excellent alternative to other VCI protective packaging, the masking film is ideal for protecting metal surfaces that cannot be packaged with VCI Paper or Film. When applied, the film adheres firmly to the metal surfaces and can be removed cleanly without leaving any residue.
- Protects metal surfaces from physical scratches, marring, and corrosion
- Provides temporary protection to exposed metal surfaces during manufacture, storage, and shipment
- The strong, transparent film protects metal against defects and prevents corrosion for up to 6 months when used indoors.
When using the VCI Masking Film, apply the film directly to a clean and dry metal surface. This bluish transparent film is made with durable, water-based acrylic that is odourless, non-toxic, and lightweight. It is able to withstand different forms of physical damages such as roll forming, bending, cutting, and stamping. This durable property of the masking film makes it a go-to choice for use in metal service centers, metal fabrications, doors, trim works, heavy-duty industrial equipment, and machines that are stored indoors.
- Specialty finishes that need to remain flawless
- Precision and machined metal surfaces
- Polished surfaces
- Metals that require protection from defects during manufacturing and fabrication
- Metal fabrications, metal service centers, doors, and trim works, heavy-duty industrial equipment, and machines that are stored indoors
- When it is labour-intense or impractical to rework, repaint and remove surface imperfections physically
- When metal surfaces are required to remain free from corrosion and flawless until ready to use
- When the quality of the finished part is an important part of a quality system
- Multi-metal VCI protection
- Reduce rejects due to surface damage and corrosion
- Lightweight, odourless, safe, and easy to handle
- Water-based, pressure-sensitive adhesive system
- Clean peel film, leaves no residue on the metal surface
- Withstands bending, cutting and forming operations
- Transparent film permits inspection
- Available in rolls up to 80″ wide